About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons




You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are all different? No? Just me?

I've been soooo very busy. What with joining a band, and the radio show, and being a minister and the 40 hour a week job and the wife and the fuzzy kids. (not in order of importance, of course)

Now spring is upon us. Well...in upstate NY that means something very different from most. We have had 3 days of blowing, bitter snow and wind. Today it's stopped and tomorrow it's suppose to be 70 degrees. If I ever wondered why I developed seasonal allergies....duh!

Sometimes I think about taking a class on meditation. But I just can't sit still long enough. It would do me good, I know that. But really, who has time? I barely have the time to stop and look around me. Seeing how time is starting to change me physically. I'm not alone. Looking at my classmates on facebook and trying to see those kids of the 80's through grey hairs and gravity. I make the mistake of using the magic magnifying mirror. It's a horrifying lesson in 'time marches on'.

Friends come and go, the changing of the guard. Some friends are moving on to parenthood, which always means us childless couples get left behind a bit, in a cloud of protesting it's not going to happen and "folks with kids" on the other end. There is always the tiny cracks in the relationship that happen. Then there is the chasm that can never be crossed again.

Been there done that.

Changes....Every year the snow melts away and green shoots through the frozen earth and every year it amazes me. Rebirth. The mysteries of mother earth. She survives another season.

I'm doing my part with my electric car. 7,000 miles with no gas and no exhaust. A red Leaf, a white Leaf, a black one, seen around town. Catching on? Maybe. We have to start somewhere, don't we? Small steps.

Less bullets to kill the kids. That's a small step that would change so much.

A court that proclaims that all people are equal and religion has no place in our constitution.

A family copes with new dynamics, once a piece is missing. Growing pains?

Changes....baby steps towards change.

Maybe I don't have to stop too long, if the changes are small. I can pause, look, and keep moving on. Nothing else is stopping. Why should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...