About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Fox News Stole My Mom!" ~Cabrina



I'm a small percentage. I had parents who were supportive and encouraging and loved to take part in all my crazy ideas.

The hours they spent listening to the squawk of my clarinet lessons, the money spent on tickets to plays I flexed my theatrical muscles in, and the time spent standing on a corner waiting for me to march in a parade dressed as a lumberjack. They put in their time more than most my friends folks.

I had pretty swell parents. My friends all wanted to come to my house after school. I had a mom, raised by 50's ideals and formed by the tumultuous times of the 60's and 70's. I had a dad, who was headed down the wrong path and put himself right through the military and becoming a "self made man", unafraid of hard work and getting his hands dirty.

Together they raised three strong, independent, smart women who are beloved by their friends and praised for their honesty and loyalty.

In other words....my conservative parents created liberal children.

And with the country, overwhelmingly voting in Obama for another 4 years, my mother has gone off the deep end. Much like her conservative pals, who have forgotten that no liberals succeeded from the union when Bush Jr got in for another 4 years, is having a temper tantrum of amazing proportions!

My youngest sister, who lives with my mom in CA, reports to me about how mom is going to sell the house and move to Texas and become it's own country. (she won't get on a plane to visit me in NY, so my sisters and I are pretty comfy knowing she won't get any further than about an hour away on her own.)

Sigh......

I'm going through kind of a health scare right now. And even at 45 years of age, needing your 'mommy' still kinda creeps in. Especially when you had a GREAT mom! You never wanted for anything when you were sick in my childhood home. Juice? yes. Toast in quarters with honey? Done! Grilled cheese and cream of tomato soup? You bet! Clean sheets after a warm bath? The best.

Now I find myself waiting for a call that doesn't come for hours after my procedure cuz my mom was changing her money into foreign currency so Obama couldn't take it from her.

I got more news yesterday that the procedure they did didn't work, so now on to more drastic methods. My childhood mom would have been calling me every day to check in. My Neo-Con mom not only didn't call, but told my youngest sister that she never knows anything cuz no one calls her cuz she's a horrible mother.

What do they say about self fulling prophecies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...