About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

And the dish ran away with my F'n creamer!!





So I was all ready to blog about my mortgage signing excitement last night. (98 pages, to be exact) Or going out to celebrate by seeing The Watchmen. (as I'm a big fan of the comic book movies)

But instead I'm going to BITCH!

So I go in the kitchen here at work to make my daily cup of tea. I enjoy the Tazo Energy tea. Nice caffeine kick to get going in the morning.

I drink it English style with cream and sugar, well....technically Splenda. Trying to get off that rat poison, aspartame, that Reagan ok'd for American markets. Fascinating reading...look it up some time.

I digress....cuz that's what I do.

A co-worker got a couple of us hooked on the flavored creamers, French Vanilla to be exact. And while the coffee drinkers in the office were hooked like crooks on the stuff, to the point that there were 5 bottles of it going at any particular time. I, as a tea drinker, avoided it, thinking that it wasn't a 'tea' thing.

Then I thought....why not!

So I got kinda use to the tasty sensation of a hint of vanilla in my tea. Not a bad thing. Our lil caffeine clutch would, not in an organized way, replenish the supply when needed. It worked. There was always flavor cream to spare. And if the occasion came up that there was none, the office fridge stocked a large container of those individual, just plain ol cream, shots.

We started a biggest loser contest here at work. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win the title as the biggest loser cuz I DON'T lose weight....there's that digressing thing again. The creamer ring leader swore off FVC! So now there is only the bottle I bought in the fridge, which was down to its last drop yesterday. I noticed that the lid would be open in the morning, leading me to believe the operations guys were in on the FVC as well.

This morning...I find MY creamer that I bought was GONE. I stood with my dark, steaming tea at the opening of the fridge. The light shinning on me like some dread spot light holding me there to stare at the spot my FVC was, and feel my blood pressure rise.

Then the true horror sunk in; There were NO CREAMER SHOTS EITHER!!

"Hey....Barb? Is the delivery from the coffee place late or something? There doesn't seem to be creamer in the fridge."

"I stopped ordering it. Some one was bringing in flavored stuff."

"Um...ya...well....I was one of them...but it doesn't do me any good if the work guys in the morning use it all and never use a crowbar to open their wallet and BUY MORE!"

"Oh....well...I just assumed no one liked the plain stuff."

Is it a sign of old age and crochetiness if creamer is a major turning point in your mood and ruins your entire day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...