About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's only just a matter of trust


It's a big one. I'll tell ya that right now. Maybe the universe is trying to send me a message, but the trust issue has come up a few times lately.

I just found out some artwork I did for someone who I was working on a project with, was presented in a fashion that my name was left off said project. Wasn't mentioned AT ALL. Lucky for me some friends were at the presentation and could tell it was my handy work on the art.

So they know I did it. Now what do you do with the liar?

I have the kinda of job where I had my work to sales men who go to the client and get the comments, compliments, and feedback. When the designs march back to my desk, all I get is a, "Order it up." or "Fix it."

Since I answer the phones, as I have mentioned here, I trip over a customer once and a while that, upon finding out I'm the artist, rave about the work I've done for them! I mean...really...like they LOVE it!! My usually response is, "Well thank you for telling me. I don't usually hear back from the sales guys." To that most clients say they had told the sales guys to tell me.
Ya...well all they heard was the sound of cash registers clanging in their wallets.

Another example of stolen genius was an idea for a local Irish music fest here in town. They were in need for a new mascot. My idea was a saucy cartoon cutie with red hair and beer mugs. Really BIG beer mugs (wink wink)! As I handed the idea to my pal who is on the committee I said, "You know....if you had the woman mascot you could have contests to look like her!"

"I like the way you think!" He said to me...visions of hot girls dancing in his head.

After the meeting, he was all fired up, as he is want to do. "You will never believe what we have come up with....A Ms. Guinness and Mr. Toastmaster beauty contest! I'm brilliant!"

Yes...yes you are. CUZ YOU LISTENED TO MY FECKIN' GENIUS IDEA AND STOLE IT FOR YOUR SELF!

I wish I could say that was the first time he did that to me, but shame on me, it tizn't.

I need to learn to keep my yapper clapped shut or just realize that my payday will come from karma. Cuz it ain't gonna come from my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...