About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Toes curl around the edge....breathe...spread your arms...now....JUMP!



How long have you ever "done" anything? Held your breath, held a job, held an image in your mind? Been friends with someone or maybe lived in the same place?


My honey has been a print jounalist for almost 20 years. And 13 of them, at thee local paper in town, ends today.


13 years...walking into work the same way every day. Parking in the same spot every day. Saying 'good morning' to some of the same faces every day.


13 years > 4,745 days


Our relationship is short 6 months to beat her releationship with that job. She's scared. I don't blame her. It's a long time to be doing something you love, fight for, frett over.


After much deliberation and heart tugging discussion, she decided to take a 'buy out' offered by the paper. Seeing the state of print journalism, she plans on taking a course in writing her first book and freelancing along the way to discovering her creative freedom that comes with freeing ones self from the confines of a cubicle.


And while she has her doubts....I know she'll be just fine. Cuz you can't contain her kind of talent in such a small space like an office, working for the man. Much like the plants that grace our yard, that she grows so well, her life is about to take blossom and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...