About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

“I don't even know him...I'm harvesting all these fantasies about some man I've never even met...who lives in Seattle.” ~Sleepless in Seattle



Fantasy


We got in a very interesting discussion at lunch. Most likely it could have gotten us all fired if the wrong person had come through the door.


Sex was definitely involved....or at least the illusion of sex.


My co-worker can't cheat on his wife in his fantasies. I was aghast! He would have to do this whole back story about how they broke up and he was driven to the arms of some starlet.
No...really!

Maybe it's cuz I'm a creative person. Imagination is my 8-5 job, with graphic design. And lord knows my other activities, being involved in groups that need to raise money, or marketing my women's pro football team, or even the lil one hour radio show, all require some form or imagination at some point.


I have NO problem thinking up a fantasy! A lil music from the iPod helps sometimes, but I can be knee deep in something torrid with Angelina or Lucy Lawless in the middle of the day at my desk, staring out the window.


Funny enough...Not one ounce of guilt that I'm cheating on my girlfriend!


My office pal's issues tumbled through my brain well after we left our brain trust and went back to our respective offices. I came up with, "the stripper theory".


Men go to strip clubs and they honestly believe that every girl, shakin' her money maker, actually wants them. That they have a chance with the strippers. It's something about the male wiring that makes them think that everyone wants them. (don't tell them that those girls could care less and really just want to get it over with so they can make their next house payment)


A seriously married guy, like my co-worker, would feel guilty cuz there is something in his DNA that he thinks his fantasy girl would really WANT him!


Myself, being a insecure female, like most women, knows that not only would I never land a young Suzanne Pleshette, from "The Birds" days, but she would NEVER be interested in someone like ME.


So imagine away, I say!


A non stop parade of brunette beauties lined up at my door, taking numbers like at a deli counter. Me, in a Hugh Hefner robe and a fist full of vitamins.
Cuz in my head, they all desire me!

They fight over me, in fact!
"Don't fight ladies! There's enough of me for everyone. Or better yet....why don't we all just come in for a drink...mmmmm??"


Thank goodness for my wonderful imagination and low self esteem. It gives me something to do around 3pm in my work day when I can't concentrate on work.


I gotta go....P!nk is on my iPod and she and I have some unfinished business to "discuss".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...