About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's in a name?



Death.

You know it's coming. We are all gonna die. Like flowers wilt. Like balloons deflate. Like a clock stops ticking. Everything has its cycle.

When it comes, everyone deals in a different way. I really, REALLY wanted to get shit faced and numb out. But I couldn't. I just couldn't bring myself to making the moment go away through liquid drowning. I had to be aware to tend to the faces that looked with pity upon me.

There are those who deal with life through a haze of alcohol...

A slurred voice called out to me across the patio table, "Cabreena...I wanna know shumthin...Now....I know that...um...you know....he wash....um.....well....hesh Allison's biological dad. But being he wash your shtep fath...hic...father.....do you shthink the losh...excuse me...the L-O-S-S is the sssssame?"

I've never wanted to reach out and strangle someone, till their wine soaked eyeballs popped out of there head, so badly.

"Yes."

My response split the silence that followed the intake of air around the large table we were sitting at. Everyone, aghast at the question posed to me. I stood up from my chair and walked from the patio to the house. Calming the rage inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...