About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

tomato - tomahta



I got a "patio tomato" at the regional market at the beginning of summer. Within a few weeks we had more tomatoes than we could handle. And to build tomato karma, we have been giving a few away here and there.

Then from the top of the plant came the most perfect tomato EVAH! Perfect shape, color, size. I wanted to give it just one more day on the stem before I sent it to tomato heaven.

I went home for lunch yesterday and we sat out on the patio. I looked at the plant and it took a second to register.

"Did you pick the tomatoes?" I asked LTR.

"No.....were any ready?" She looked at the plant.

"Yes...there was a perfect tomato on top and then a bunch that were just turning..."

SOME ONE HAD STOLEN MY PERFECT TOMATO!!!

Laura got up and walked a few steps when she spied on the grass a half eaten green tomato. Something had been busy making short work of all the red ones. Obviously the green ones weren't quiet as good.

I'm sure my tomato plant is now some sort of nature's buffet for wayward critters. The rest of the tomatoes don't have a chance!

That perfect tomato was now in some racoon's belly. I hope it makes him sick.

3 comments:

  1. Pesky racoons! I have problems with them too. I know they are cute....but I wish they would go be "cute" in someone elses yard :D

    So sorry to hear about this :(

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's LG here...but I saw a squirrel eat one of my tomatoes...so it could be a pesky squirrel. Have Roxie on alert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could put Roxy outside to wait all night...I would. But she's such a momma's girl, she won't do it.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...