About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

"It's been a long, a long time coming but I know, A change gon' come oh yes it will" ~ Sam Cooke




Did you hear the president speak last night?

I was takin' a-back when folks cheered. More like a pep rally then a memorial.

But then, something hit me. We, the American people, are sick of it. These people died because politicians want to appease lobbyists over their constituents. They want to get re-elected over doing their jobs.

Last night was about remembering what was wonderful about those people, senselessly slain in the streets, and bonding together to say, "We won't stand for it anymore!"

A bulk of our society came together last night. We are over "business as usual." And like those individuals that tackle shooters, hit them with purses or keep them from flying planes into buildings, we won't have our government hijacking our country for their own greed.

If you stop...and listen...through the chatter of the talking heads. You can hear it. It's faint. And we haven't heard it since the 60's.

Change.

We, the people, are ready for it....finally.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so hope you are right my dear. I hear it too....but I have been afraid to have hope. Things have just appeared to get worse and worse. Or maybe that is how I see it through my hopelessness.....anyway, sorry to ramble.

    Thanks for that very inspiring blog post. You made my hear smile. I like that.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a glass half full kinda girl. There is alwasys hope. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...