About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Artists, no matter how good their intentions, are always slower than they think. ~ Mark Millar


And slow I was. Mind you we had a few hiccups in the road. A trip to the ER, busy schedules, many things happening in the weeks leading up to the most awesome of holiday ever!

But I got there, finally.

I didn't put everything out, but enough to make a good show.

A new window display, the Witch's Kitchen, made it's debut. My new apothecary jars fit in so very well.


I made a "dug grave" in the front yard, with a lil illusion magic. With night and only the colored flood lights and tiki torches, I had a couple people ask how long it took me to dig the hole in the front yard. Amazing what you can do with a black trash bag and cheap towels dyed the color of dirt. I think the 'spade in the ground" sold it tho. The flashing "Vacancy" is a good gag as well. One of my wife's favorite parts of the graveyard.

The new costume was a hit as well. Lots of shrieks and running children everywhere. I was thinking the zombie pirate theme might be overkill, but it turned out awesome. I even put a horrible eye under the pirate patch. No one wanted to see what was under my patch, but those that did, were grosed out. Perfect!

Now the house is filled with boxes and bags of Halloween collected. The inside is now kind of a holiday graveyard. I took off the 1st to pack up and pick up. Plus I had to hit all the after holiday sales. I hate buying stuff before, hence the post on my fence earlier. Managed to get a few things, I swore I wasn't going to get. But isn't that the way sales go? "Do I need this? No....but I sure do WANT it!"

Half the fun is opening up rubber maid tubs in the attic next year and saying, "Did I buy this?!?!"

Another year done. It's over so fast, for all the build up that happens. As an on-looker said, "Your house is the one they are going to remember and tell their kids about." My response was, "This is the house I remember from MY trick or treating!"

2 comments:

  1. Always is....now the clean up and it's many trips to the attic. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...