About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Monday, January 16, 2012

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." ~Thomas Edison


I had to brush out the cobwebs and there was a homeless guy living in the entrence to my blog page.

Ok...it's been a while. A long while. I admit.

Holidays, new car, the passing of my grandmother, another Christmas without my dad, staying home for the holiday for the first time in 15 years and not being re-newed by the radio station after four years....

I've been busy.


My Leaf is a dream come true. Let's start with that. Runs great. Fun to drive. And I just love the look on folks faces when it dawns on them I never have to stop for gas again. Then the double shock that I never have to pay for another oil change or air filter, EVER AGAIN!

It's pretty spectacular, really.

Every time I start it up it's a shock to my system what I've done. Yes, it's on the pricey side, but when you think of the savings, it's really kinda equal. If you want to add the notoriety factor, being the only person in upstate NY to own an EV (electric vehicle), then that's a bonus!


The first question, guaranteed, is, "What if you run out of juice?" To which I have to ask them, "When was the last time you ran out of gas?" I have a charging station on the house now as well, that can 'fill up' the car in about 4 hours to 80% of the battery. (the suggested amount to keep the battery life mean and lean)

It doesn't like the cold tho. This weekend the temps hit 4 degrees and the wall charger wasn't having any of it. Luck for me the trickle charger, that you can plug into any 120v outlet, worked just fine and EVa, as I've named her, didn't miss a beat.

I'm sure as the adventure continues, there will be more about the car. I welcome questions as well. So let me have it. I've been learning as much as I can, since I had to wait since July 2010 to get this durn thing.

A new year and a new chance to kick my blogging back into gear. Until next type....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...