About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Human nature is above all things lazy. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe


I don't even like most the games they play in the Olympics. But there is something so strong that compels me to get a bowl of ice cream, camp on the couch in my BirkenCrocs and sit like a slob and watch amazing athletes grapple for gold.

What is it about the Olympics?

I saw, for the first time, competitive trampoline. It was the GREATEST thing EVAH! Handball....sucks. It's silly. Handball is for Al Pacino in a prison yard. One rubber ball and the hard concrete of his prison walls. That's handball people.

Dressage. Can't bare to watch it. In no other sport if the athlete breaks a leg, do they take them out and shoot them.

Gymnastics is one of those sports that none of us knows nothing about, but you watch a routine and say, "Oh mah gawd that was perfect!" and we are usually right. I also almost pass out from holding my breath cuz I just know they are going to end up with that wooden beam in their tender girly bits and it's going to H-U-R-T!

OK....volleyball I know a lil about. I'm from California so I'm partial to the beach v-ball, no doubt. We had a sand v-ball court at our high school for bejuzuz sake! And how can you not watch Misty and Kerri play for their last time and 3-pete?!?!

You have to get into it.

Everyday I can barely get out of bed to shower, make my coffee, walk the dog and head to work, again. Over and over, my personal ground hog day. To take the time out to watch beautiful bodies in motion doing one thing so perfectly, it's inspiring.

To compete on the world stage, even without the red menace to push us anymore, is still the drive that makes America great. The tearful movement of the anthem playing, the flag raising it moves us.

Pride and perfection. It's a designer drug that never goes out of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...