About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Friday, April 24, 2009

AMEN!


On a whim, I decided to become a minister. With the possibility of gay marriage being legal in NY, why not? Who better to do marriage ceremonies than a drag king? I have the theatrical presence to perform in front of large crowds. I love a good party. Plus I would orchestrate the most sappiest of sappy moments.....which I just LOVE. I get choked up every time at weddings!

Plus I think it's just the perfect "suck it jesus" moment to have a gay ordained! Doesn't that just fly in the face of everyone of those preachers that want us to burn in hell?

My certificate is in the mail and I get a wallet card, for an extra $5. I thought it was worth it. The Universal Life Church Monastery asks that if I get tips for performing a ceremony, to think of possibly giving back to them.

I'll think about it.

Maybe I could start my own web church! I could broadcast on Sunday's, in my jammies, with a webcam. Anyone that wanted to log in and "go to church" ...in their jammies too! I could be the Holy Church of Perpetual Flannel. And when it came time to pass the plate for donations, I could set up a Paypal account that my flock could click contributions.

I'll tell ya what....it would be a church that taught love and peace and being green. None of this "obey" and "guilt" crap my Catholic retardation taught me. I don't think you have to preach fear to get folks to follow. Love you neighbor, love the earth, love the idea!

I wonder if they make a rainbow stole in my size?

1 comment:

  1. That is a church I would actually consider joining!

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...