About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I knew you were going to say that!



It's a lil slow at work. So I occupied my time with watching episodes on Lifetime's website. No...Meredith Baxter Bernie was not in any of them.


The one that got me hooked was a reality show they had on that was called "American Psychic Challenge" where they had 16 psychics, with all different specialties, compete for the top spot and $100,000.




I found it fascinating, as anyone that knows me could guess. It came down to two women. One, a real character who was a voodooist named Jackie. She had stark, razor straight cut hair and a dark way about her. And a bodacious, curvy blonde named Michelle. She was all about goodness and light. It was a perfect match up for the final task: bad mojo against angel medium, black and white, good and, well...not so good.


Out of the two of them, Jackie would probably get her own spin off show, to be sure. She was just 'odd' enough with her warning the other contestants not to "touch her person" and flashing something from her pouch that the host announced had a "nail" on it. I'm guessing it was a digit or some sort. Weather it was animal or human...I'm not sure. Calling herself the "white serpent" and braggin' how she walks in the world of the dead, her show would defiantly get some DVR time in my house.


And weather it was set up or not, the reactions from some of the folks they encountered couldn't have been put on or acted in such a real way. Messages from beyond, a touch, a habit, shared with those left behind, their shock and tears were very real.


I believe we all have the ability to use more than 10% of our brain. Could I use mine to guess the quick ESP tests they gave at the commercial breaks? Not many of them. I did a lot better when I didn't force it. Just wait for something to pop in front of my vision. It was the second guessing that got me.


And do you think the winning lotto numbers could EVAH pop into my head?


My sister, who is very much on this path to an 'other worldly awareness" is coming in October. I got us tickets to see John Edward. We are thinking that we can make enough noise, mentally, to grab his attention at the show.


it might be more worth our time to concentrate on those lotto numbers when she's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...