About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A corpse is a corpse of course of course...



For the past two years I've had a dead arm popping out of a coffin, which I put over a fogger and a light, in my yard haunt. I've been too intimidated to make the rest of my bony fella.


I bow to the greatness that is pumpkinrot.com and spookyblue.com. Now those guys.....those guys can make a corpse! (and pretty much anything else that will make you wet yourself) pumpkinrot does a yard haunt that makes my loins moist!


TMI?


So this year, is the year, I sucked up my pride and went to work on my very own corpse! I even bought extra foam wig stands, for the head, in case I made a mistake! I sat in front of Dancing With the Stars last night, which seems wrong for some reason, and started a rib cage.


I know...you're going to have to re-read that sentence. I'll wait............


The great thing is that I'm not alone! There are pages of helpful "monster making" websites that have taken all the trial and error out of creating your very own rotting zombie! So with a pile of news paper to roll into bones and brown masking tape to keep it together, I started to build myself one good looking, skeleton torso!


You would think that was the hard part. Nope. I have to "skin" the thing. You make up a mixture of Elmer's glue and paper mache the bunch of bones so that you give it that dried out skin look, that is very high fashion in the corpse world these days.


Of course I should have started a loooong time ago, with sealing it and curing it and such, but it is what it is and I'm working with what I got. I'll cross my fingers and hope Halloween this year is dry.


Cuz limp skeleton bones are NOT scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...