About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Monday, September 14, 2009

One more time round the rotary!


A week on the Cape is just not long enough. I never even really heard of "The Cape", till I moved to upstate NY. But it does seem like, under certain laws, everyone is suppose to vacation there at some point.

We rent a house on the cheap in Yarmouth (pronouced YA-muth, by the locals). If it wasn't for this sweet deal I don't think we could afford a town were lobster dinners are the thing.

It is nice to got to Provincetown, a gay mecca, and walk down the street, holding my honey's hand and not feeling like you're going to get beat up. Rainbow flags flutter over head and every store is gay friendly. Team of 'tribe' members stroll the street, shopping in the cute lil stores or eating in the hip outdoor cafes.

You don't think about a simple thing like PDA (Public Display of Affection) until you can't do it. In every day settings LTR and I rarely touch. So when you get to P-town and reach for each other's hands, it's an odd sensation at first: holding hands in the light of day, in a public street.

Isn't that saaaad?!?! No...really....sad! We've been together 13 years and it takes a once a year vacation in a totally safe environment that we can feel free to hold hands?!?

Sad!

The weather was grey and kept us to only one beach day. That was a bummer. But as they say, crappy weather on vacation is STILL better than crappy weather at home. So I'll take what I can get.

Back to the grind this morning, it seems that time has stalled and the clock no longer moves. This after it speeding around it's pale face and stealing time from our Cape escape.

There's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...