About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Monday, October 26, 2009

I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.



We took this past weekend, without a activity choked schedule, to clean and put up some house decor de gore. I tried to convince Laura that dust and cobwebs added to the feel, but she insisted that they go. Sigh...it's hard being a misunderstood, visionary genius.


Up went the display for the side window. Monster head in a crystal ball, old books, purple skull goblet, crystal skull with changing LED lights.


Up went the various candle holders, stocked with fresh tea lights.


Away went my tombstones outside with a windstorm outside. (I manage to get them back and stake them into the ground again)


I cut the word "Vacancy" out of my homemade tombstone this weekend. It will have flashing red lights inside when it's all said and done.


Did you know there is such a thing as a Styrofoam cutter? It's awesome!


It's really like an electric ice pick, a thin wire sticking out of a handle with an on/off switch. The wire heats up and cuts through the Styrofoam like buttah! I can't tell you how long it took me to cut my letters out of my cemetery sign 2 years ago, OY!


Tonight I want to get the Vacancy Stone painted and the lights popped through the backer "slab". All the hard part will pretty much be done. Just some f/x painting after that.


Saturday will be the official set up day. I'll put most the yard stuff out. You never know what might happen at night, with random goblins walking up and down the street BEFORE Halloween. I don't want Lenny, my corpse, to 'walk away' before he gets to scare the kids.


I have a good idea about my costume. I've had to put away my goth vamp (like my profile pix) since the death of my white contacts. Those added sooo much to that look. I loved when the kids would come up and say trick or treat, they never looked at me. Then I would say, "Smell my feeeeeeet....???" in a deep, scary voice...trying to make them look up and finish the phrase.


Then their lil faces would turn upward, "Give...me...something...um....good to eeeeeeeeeeek!" then they would see the eyes!


It was awesome!


We'll see how the new "Look" goes this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...