About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Pant Parade






I'm a big grrl. I've always been a big grrl. And when I say "big", I mean...I'm 5'11" and have shoulders like the football lineman, that I was. Plus I have some pounds on me. Therapy couldn't cure a childhood of "But you have such a pretty face.", from my grandmother. Or "I worry about your health.", from my mother.




I've been pretty good about getting up at 5ish am and working-out, at least four times a week. I've built up to an hour work-out, from just 20 minutes, when I started this at the end of September.




While the scale hasn't shown it, things have been fitting different. I've been feeling a lil better about myself. Kind friends have told me, "Well, you ARE building muscle. So you shouldn't even look at the scale."




Scale or no...the true test is the "Pant Parade".




In my closet are two shelves worth of pants that I either enjoyed at one point OR never had the chance to enjoy. (cuz they just didn't fit) Since my 'ol reliable' jeans were not to be found (which, by the way, are now fitting very loose about the waist) I grabbed the flashlight and headed for the shelves of doom!




One after another.....disappointment after disappointment. This pair will come all the way up, but they won't button. This pair stops just below my bootilicious back forty. This pair come up, and buttons, but due to the back forty, are about 2 inches too short. This pair is the biggest, loosest, pair of jeans, but the waist is for a supper model.




Are they drunk when they cut these jeans???




This pair has peg leg cuffs....how long have I had these? They don't button either. This pair pulls up, buttons, but for some reason they put a size small zipper in them. I'm sure of it. This pair fits, snuggly, but I forgot I bought them with these ginormas flaired pant legs. (a trick they use for fattys: if your ankles are that big your waist will look MUCH smaller)




At the end of the parade, I'm knee deep in denim and still standing there, in my Wonder Woman underoos, with nothing to wear.




But ya know.....that one pair...last time I did this, wouldn't come up past my thighs, and now it does! And that other pair I couldn't button last time, now they do! (Even tho they don't zip. But that's a manufactures defect.)




Things don't change over night....right? You know, I'm actually looking forward to the next pant parade. Strike up the band and move off the treadmill...momma still has some marching to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...