About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Come ON! How much is it going to be??"



It's the eternal struggle: No money....that's when the bills come. A broken appliance. The roof caving in. Water pipe breaking in the backyard. Car problems. The last item is my current problem.


My sister, the high priestess of lovable kooks, often times tells me that what you say out loud has power. If you say "I'm terrible at remembering names.", you will be. She's always telling me to take it back, or pushing the invisible "eject button" on her forehead to get 'evil' thoughts out.


Putting it all together, I figured out, you actually 'will' the trouble upon yourself.


At the first sound of an echo in my bank account, I start to worry about what could go wrong. Just last week I managed to keep $21 in my account for five days, so I wouldn't bounce anything. Everyday looking on the computer, praying that I could make it work till payday. Feeling the eternal pain of needing money, but not having anywhere to get it.


At the time I had some car problems, that I was also putting off, till I got paid. Then I pulled out of the driveway and BAM! Something came loose in a violent manor. I knew I couldn't put it off. And sure enough, the thoughts came tumbling from my furrowed brow, "Here we go...this is going to set me back so that I can't get out."


I CURSED MYSELF! If only I had pushed my eject button in time!


Sure enough, the cost was too much for me to handle, so I opted to fix one thing and not another. The dealership didn't see the severity of what was to come. Then four days later I was limping along the road with metal on metal crying so loud from my right wheel, pedestrians looked at me.


Now the cost is estimated at triple the amount of the original fix!


OY!


My new mantra will be: Money is free flowing and headed towards me. Large, bags, of cold, hard cash.


I won't be hitting eject on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...