About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Friday, November 20, 2009

time, time, time....See what's become of me...



Could you have even guess...when I wrote my last blog on the 17th, I would STILL be waiting for my car?


I SURE AS HELL COULDN'T!


This is the thing, I took my car in cuz there was a metal 'clunk' and they said they couldn't FIND a metal 'clunk'. So they let me drive a broken car for 4 days till the sway bar snapped (whatever that is) took out my CV boot (which I'm sure is important, whatever that is). It sounded like I was dragging 20 pounds of scrap metal behind my right tire.


While it wasn't a waste of my $240 for my rotors and oil change, they never got what really was broken till it was so damaged, it is still in the shop! (of course if my folks had let me take auto shop back in high school in the 80's, I could be doing this myself.)


"We have to order the parts."


I guess that's what happens when Saturn is set adrift in the bailout wake left by its parent company, GM. You know the guys...they took a private plane to DC to ask for money to help them out. Congress asked them, "Well, what's you plan?" They all shrugged and congress said, "Next time you come...have a plan."


So they decided to "carpool" this next time, since it kinda made headlines about the whole pesky private plane thing. Ya...they carpooled in an ESCALADE! One of the biggest, gas guzzling, eco-hating cars on the road.


And when they got to DC, congress said, "Do you have a plan?" And they said "Um..we just thought you'd give us money. We got rid of the planes!"


So they got sent home AGAIN, to do their homework.


Therefore, it shouldn't surprise me that Saturn has no parts stocked at their facility anymore. And I shouldn't be surprised that, after over-nighting two parts, only one came in. And when the second one came in the next day, it was the right model number on the box, but the wrong part inside the box.


But that doesn't take the sting away from the usual pleasant man I usually deal with, turning on me like a cornered rat.


"So that means you have to have my car for ANOTHER day?", I said.

"Yes"


"Well I think for every day you have to keep it I get $100 knocked off." I giggled to lighten the mood.


"Um...NO!"


"NO?? NO? Mike...THAT'S not very good customer service!" my giggle turned to a nervous chuckle.


"Go complain to GM. They can't ship the right box."


"Um...heh....OooooooKaaaaayyyy then. Thanks??"


CLICK


I'm so glad that I'm going to be handing them close to $1000 for my repairs in a time span of two weeks. I guess with service like that, at those prices, you don't need bail out money. You clients will take care of it for you.
So fly your planes GM! Drive your Escalades! Bend your loyal customers over and tell them to cough!
Where is that number for the local Toyota dealer? 51 mpg in a Prius sounds REALLY good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...