About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BEST Buy.....I think not.




The ol bait and switch. It's illegal, but that doesn't keep folks from doing it.


We are in the market for a flat screen tv. Do we need it? No. Do we want it? Yes. Can we afford it? Heck no...but that doesn't mean we don't want it any less.


We've tried to look through the Best Buy circulars and pick out something from there before. It's the biggest ad in there. It's their spotlight item. It has financing and free delivery and all the bells and whistles to go with it. And guess what....


THEY DON'T HAVE ANY OF THEM!


Not one. In fact, the tv we wanted, was -20 in the computer. -20?? Really??


You're telling me that not only was ALL the stock in ALL the stores sold out, but you offered 20 rain checks to folks, after you told me you don't give rain checks? For a 'green' tv that cost $999 when you have regular ol tvs for MUCH less hanging on the wall? You're telling me that you have soooo many people coming in today to buy a eco-friendly tv for a grand that you over sold them.


BULLSHIT!!!


I handed the lil man back his folder and said "Thanks." before he could launch into, "But we have a very nice TV over here for $1,500 that would work for you." OR "I have a tv over here that is half that price, but doesn't come with speakers or jacks for speakers."


I'm so sick of people thinking I, the consumer, is stupid. I'll be writing a lil letter to BS Buy today and telling them that this is not the first time that I've gone into their store and had this kind of treatment.


Will it fall on deaf ears? Yes. Will I get any satisfaction out of it? Probably not. But you know what, someone has to make a stink. And I'm tired of it being the folks that get the results!

2 comments:

  1. Just an inside tip....send a copy of the letter to the Marketing department :) Marketing hates unhappy consumers more than customer service does :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to give you an update...they did indeed call me back. I gave them an earful.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...