About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"They've sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this... this is our land!" ~Jake Sully



We saw Avatar, in 3D, last week. Breathtaking!


We've come a looooong way from sitting with one lens red and the other blue, squinting at the House of Wax, my first 3D movie.


It's not about arrows flying at you or bodies falling on you anymore. It's about 'depth'. You really felt like you could reach into the screen.


And while I heard so-so reviews and some negative press on the movie, I thought is was great! Yes the storyline was a lil predictable, but really, did you think you were going to Gone With The Wind? I never for a second thought I was seeing an Oscar contender. (which, by the way, I usually think suck anyway)


Then I started thinking....I'm sure the over all message for military domination in a negative light, probably got the Conservative owned news outlets a lil itchy. I can totally see my folks HATING this movie for the message. (tighty, whitie, righties that they are)


Then I tripped over a discussion board for folks sooooo depressed that they will never live or achieve Pandora, the alien landscape in the movie, that they were seeking help and suicidal.


WHAT THE EVER LOVIN' FUCK IS THAT ABOUT!??!?


Seriously??? I mean...the 3D was really fanfuckintastic, but to be suicidal cuz you fell head first into a fantasy and you can't pull yourself out?? Really?!?!


You're missing the point here folks. And this is why we can't get anything done around here. We ARE in Pandora. We have to work to get it tho. And instead of hopping yourself up on goofballs cuz you can't play blue alien patty fingers with the trees, get up and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!


Electric cars. Wind power. Green roofs. Water barrels. Recycle, reuse, restore! It's there...we have to work to get it. If you spent your money on the environment and making positive changes, instead of Zoloft....think of what we could do!


Nothing bugs me more than people that just lay down and give up. Or people that won't help themselves. Now I know there are those that, due to sickness or genetics or whatever, can't help it. But come on!


Things won't change unless we change them. You want Pandora? Create it!


I dare you!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Nearly there (again) on the electric cars...

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...