About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oh the nerve!



I've been bad about keeping up regular appointments with my chiropractor. What does that mean? Well, when she moves stuff after they have been in the wrong position for so long, they end up moving back, and not in a good way.


This time around, they moved so that it must have pinched a nerve in my back. I've never had a pinched nerve. (and mind you I'm self diagnosing till I get to my appointment in 20 min)


Lets see if I can do it justice: It feels like there is a carving knife jammed just to the left of my tailbone. And some invisible Gnome is pounding it in with a mallet.
Otherwise, it's fine.


But knowing that the knife could plunge into me at any moment, makes me move like a 90 year old woman. Washing my hands this morning was like Tai Chi: I moved slowly, tilting to the left, dipping one hand into the stream, then following with the right, rotating the left up and out. It was quite beautiful, except for the excruciating pain.


I'm ok sitting, till I have to get up.


I can actually lift my legs up and stand on one at a time, but I can't lean left or right when they are both on the ground.


I can sit on the couch and lean all the way forward, but once I start to lean back, tears well up in my eyes.


There might be issues with me marching in the local St. Paddy's parade this weekend.


YA THINK???


I've found that, as you get older, more things happen to you that keep you from doing things you use to do. You don't want to admit it, but ya just don't get around like ya use too.


I guess things could be worse, the knife could be in my back...that's a whole nother problem, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...