About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is it too early?


I mean...July isn't even out the door and I walked into the Dollar Store yesterday and there was a whole end-cap of skulls and skeletons!

Now if that was xmas crap...I would be FURIOUS! Every year when xmas goes up and I'm still in flip flops I think, "How could they, for the love of baby Jesus, son of Oprah! Oh ya, I could pitch a downright fit about xmas stuff being up a day before Thanksgiving. I'll fight anyone that thinks the holiday season for xmas should start with the first day of school.

But the Halloween stuff, even the low grade Dollar Store crappy stuff, caused me to come up short, make my hands into a pyramid in front of my mouth and wiggle my fingers in hungry joy!

It's coming :)

To be honest, I've been on all sorts of Halloween sites for MONTHS now! One home haunter actually buries the clothes for his props in the summer so that they will be properly zombie-fied by Halloween.

Yes...these are the folks I idolize.

I signed up for the GarageOfEvil.com where 'weenies post their props with pride and pomp.

I have a list of things I want to make this year (flickering pillar candles, chicken wire dummies, a witch for the graveyard with a boiling cauldron, and some sort of projection show on the front windows from the inside of the house).

I'm already BEHIND and I haven't started yet!

Soon our basement will once again become the evil lab where I create Halloween goodies for my home haunt. And there might be some that pitch a fit that it's starting too soon.

To them I say: Boooooooo!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I feel exactly the same way....Xmas stuff always too early....but I have been know to ask a store clerk in July if they have got any Halloween shipments in the back that they have not opened yet...that maybe I could see.

    They all think I am crazy. I am fine with that. Here is to a fun and creative and creepy Halloween season. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...