About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer time...and the livin' ain't so easy..it's busy. Very busy.



The one thing 'bout folks in upstate NY...they know how to make the most of their summer time!

There is not one weekend wasted here. Festivals, show, fairs, concerts, camping, hiking, the list goes on and on. Oh and there is that lawn thing. We don't have one of those for about 7 months and you need to keep up on it in the short amount of time it's there.

It's always amazing to me that, when the snow creeps away, there is living grass under there. It might be a lil brown and laid flat from the weight of winter, but it's still there baybee! A few rainstorms and a lil sun and all of a sudden it's a weekly chore to keep it at bay.

What makes these folks make the most of the very short 10 weeks of summer they are allotted? The dread that all that snow, like the dreaded Terminator, will be baaak. (said like Ahnuld) So before we are butt high in angel shit, we bake under the sun, withstand the skeeters, and add to the humidity with our sweat.

These are the days you look back on, when there is snow still on the ground in April, and think, "Remember when we complained it was soooooo hot last July?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...