About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Hey mister...er...I mean Miss."




I think for Halloween I should just go as myself, since I keep getting called a "sir" anyway, it will be my costume.

Walking the dog yesterday after work, I was feeling pretty good about myself. I've lost 13 lbs. I was thinking my stomach is finally shrinking enough that my boobs stick out a bit. I'm feeling my 'girlie-ness' a lil.

I was still in my work clothes and feeling a lil sassy, headed towards the park. When we got there I let Roxy do her neighborhood watch and chase those 'damn squirrels' up the hill.(they are the bane of her existence) I didn't see there was a family at the playground. They had a dog, who was off its lead, as well. The dog saw Roxy running in the woods. The family grabbed at their dog.

"What is that?"

"I don't know."

"Oh...it's another dog running through the woods."

"Well where did it come from?"

"Must be that guy's, over there."

BOOOWWOOOOOOOOOP! <---- Sound of my 'Diva' deflating.

When I'm in sweats and a hoodie and a ball cap...I really don't expect anything but, "Can I help you sir?" I mean, I'm 5'10", broad shouldered, big grrl material: I got that. It just stings a lil when you're feeling so good about yourself.

I remember when I had shaved off 50 lbs while playing flag football in CA. I was feeling GREAT! Now mind you, I was down to about 230, which is OVERWEIGHT in any one's book, but for me...it was AWESOME! And 50 lbs...that ain't nothing to sneeze at! That's 10 bags of sugar or flour! That's 50 boxes of butter. Come OHN! That's a LOT!

As I was walking with a friend a kid, on a bike, road up behind me and yelled, "Move out of the way, fat ass!"

Ok...he doesn't know how hard I've worked or that I'm practically 'skinny' by my own definition. He just saw a 230 pound woman, from the backside, walking down the street. (And he was redneck trash with an abusive home life and I'm sure the family killed their dog from malnutrition...they lived down the street from my apt)

But that's why THAT insult hurt MORE. I had lost a ton of weight! I had felt really good about myself. Till the very second I let someone take that away from me.

I always love it when a skinny woman thinks she's fat. Really? I'll trade you issues any day of the week. If only that skinny woman thought about what she was saying as a fat woman was standing next to her. "Wow...if SHE is worried about the ounce she gained, she must think I'm a walking house!"

The irony is that when I was bald, twice, from shaving my head for St. Baldricks, I never got called sir once! In fact, no one would look at me...they all thought I had cancer.

So I guess if they choice is folks talking to me, as a man of course, or ignoring me cuz I'm sick...I'll take the 'sir' any day.

1 comment:

  1. We actually had sleet...or frozen rain. I don't know. I've lived here 13 years and can't get them all straight. But that didn't keep me from scaring the lil boogers out of their sheets LOL

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...