About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Friday, October 1, 2010

"You fancy me mad. Madmen know nothing." Poe~Tell Tale Heart



Folks think I'm crazy...yes indeed. I love Halloween. I've loved it for a very, very long time. And I never really believed the experience could get any better.

Then I moved to upstate NY.

Now Halloween is a month long extravaganza for me! The changing of the leaves. The crisp chill in the air. Driving out for pumpkins and corn stalks on apple farms with hot cider and apple fritters.

OH...it got better all right!

And while I never had to endure the chill in my finger tips as I lay in wait for unsuspecting children, as they walk up the frosty path to my front door, in California...I live for those moments now!

The rustle of fall leaves as the ghostly winds push them down the driveway. The curling of the fog machine's smoke, spit out at random intervals. The shuffle of kids down the dark street. Their sight impared by masks. Their gait hampered by store bought costumes that never fit quite right. Their shrill shreaks as I emerge from the darkness.

SIGH.....This is Halloween, this is Halloween, red and black and slimy green. In our town of Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...