About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Monday, October 4, 2010

"He's just resting - waiting for a new life to come." ~Dr. Henry Frankenstein



I'm a graphic artist. Which means I make 'widgets' for da man 40 hours a week. I never take time to really do any personal art. In fact...I couldn't even tell you what media I would spend my few off hours exploring, at this point.

That's why, when Halloween comes around, I use my powers for evil....er...Halloween decorating!

There are tons of sites for DIY Halloween stuff. I like to pick a project every year and try my hand at making my own. And for the price they charge for stuff at stores, it works out cheaper, keeps me busy and out of trouble. (which makes the local police happy)

This year I will be attempting to create my own stack of pillar candles. As I do it, I'll post some pix. In the meantime, if you want to check some other sites out:

http://www.hauntershangout.com/props/default.asp

http://hauntproject.com/

And a personal favorite:
http://www.garageofevilnetwork.com/profile/CabrinaGilbert

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with your project. Those pillar candles are very cool.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to it! I always want to try my hand at something new each year.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...