About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Friday, September 28, 2012

“Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” ― Alexander Pope


There is this small window, where the Halloween stuff starts to trickle into the marketplace. The William Sonoma Collection, Michael's and the holy grail: Martha's mag finally hits the shelves.

Well....I gotta tell ya....I'm already a lil disappointed. And that doesn't bode well for my favorite holiday.

Martha's Mag was a re-tread of all her "greatest hits". Thanks for phoning it in, Stewart!

The cornerstone of my Halloween inspiration, a locally owned costume shop called Daugherty's, relocated to a mall and about one quarter of their floor space. What use to be a maze of wigs and costumes of theatrical quality and rooms of rubbery faces and forms is no more. They even had a giant gargoyle standing guard outside their stoney, castle like facade, setting the mood from the first steps through the front door. But now, the life sized ghouls and floating phantoms are lost to downsizing. Not to mention the mall air that tends to drain one of any Halloween spirit.

So you can imagine my horror when I looked up the ONLY Spirit of Halloween store they allowed to open in my area this year, and it was smack dab in the middle or our OTHER mall in town.

Ok...I can work with this. This mall is in the midst of a be re-do and there is a section that is open beams and creepy corners. I can see Spirits zombie display a midst the raw 2x4's covered in wispy spider webs.

This could work.

But alas.....there it stood, in the old CompUSA store, in all it's bright, florescence glory. Nothing but costumes. No Frankenstein's reach. No zombie's growl. No spirit alive at Spirits.

sigh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...