About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Please deposit another 25 cents, thank you."


Money is tight for everyone right now. We don't make enough, we don't have enough, our returns don't return enough. The cost of goods are up. The total of your pay stub is down. It doesn't take a Mensa think tank to come up with: These are hard times.

So I find myself gathering money from the car ashtray to try and buffer my checking account. A few dollars from the laundry, some change that's been on the dresser for some time now that no one seems to lay claim too. I just need enough to cover things till I get to the 15th. That's payday. I only get paid, what little I do get paid, twice a month. It's hard, I gotta say.

I'm not good with money either....so that doesn't make it any easier. Money makes me cry more than anything. It frustrates me. I don't have enough, I can't get anymore, but the bills keep coming.

For instance: I have a plan for retirement and includes stocks that were bought with money I got from my fathers death insurance money. I'm not suppose to touch it. I did. My financial guy loves to grind it into my face that I would be a millionaire if I hadn't touched it.

Well...that was before the 'new recession'. When that happened, word is, my lord of the finance ran to the men's room and puked. HA! He's nervous??!?

I had wanted to do right by everyone over seeing the future of my wealth and happiness by putting $150/month to my stock program. So much for THAT! I should have spent it ALL. I would have been starting from the same place I am today, for the love of Oprah!

This is the first time in 11 years that I've actually got money back from the Fed. They must feel sorry for me. Or they want me to save it so I can bail out my bank later. Ya...when does that have to be paid off, cuz I REALLY don't have an extra trillion laying around.

Don't get me started!

For now I shall tread, just keeping my head above the ever rising water that is debt. I should have taken those swimming lessons when I had a chance. Now I'm too poor to buy the water wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...