About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Shut your Peep Hole!



Easter stopped being important to me when religion stopped being important to me. I tried to hold on....honest, I did. I love the idea of a big ol' group of folks, peacefully praying for good to come from the world. It's an awesome feeling to hear all the voices in unison saying the prayers and singing the songs.

I liked church......the catholic church just doesn't like me!

The new pope, who I call PapaRatzi, decreed that if the Lord called you, to not even bother if your gay. Well this steamed my holy host! If you cut out the folks that want to serve the lord and NOT live the gay lifestyle, then you sure as shit better not judge me for my lifestyle, as you set me free on the road to sin!

I was one of the gays that, at the start of my awakening, thought I would be better off being a nun, then to act on the 'wicked' thoughts that made me think of my 5th grade math teacher in an unholy way. She was beautiful, blond and French. I would get in trouble in class so she would hold me in at recess to clean the chalkboards.

But you can't be gay and be Catholic!

So when I was in high school I took a walk past the neighborhood convent by my grandparents house. I asked the nun outside how one would get in? She looked me up and down with a knowing glance. It may have been her years of wisdom....or my plaid shirt, Levis and work boots, she said, "Listen to me...go...live your life. When you're old and wrinkled like me, then come back and you can serve Jesus."

Good enough for me!

So let me see if I got this right....pedophiles can serve the lord, and the alter boys, to the point that they are protected under church law. Moved from parish to parish like a high priced witness relocation project. But if you would rather practice your religion than be a circuit party boy at a bear's club, you can't even apply?

They say religion can be an eye opening experience. I gotta say...my eyes are wide open now. I guess that was the LAST favor my religion did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...