About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Is this room....actually stretching?"


I can NOT express how excited I got when my favorite artist, Shag, got commissioned to do the art for the Haunted Mansion's 40th Anniversary at Disneyland.

Now...if you know anything about me, you know my favorites include: Halloween, Disneyland & Shag. A lot of pee came out on that! You couldn't hold me down with that news. I was "beyond"! Out of my human shell and over the moon.

Then I found the preview of the items that would be released for sale. I need the win the lotto so I can own each and every one of them.


I mean....they made an URN Cookie Jar people!! That's freakin' AWESOME!!! Who wouldn't want that? It's the ultimate Halloween item: Shag's rendition of the hitchhiking ghosts on a urn that's a blessed, fucking cookie jar?

I think more pee just came out!


The list goes on...all your(my) favorite moments in the haunted mansion ride are done by Shag as well. They released the items on Aug 9th at Disneyland and Shag (Josh Angle) was there to sign stuff. If only I wasn't 3000 miles away, that would have been a :::cough cough::: sick day fer shure!


The irony of my fascination with the Haunted Mansion is that as a kid, we would go on "Telephone Employee night", an annual event put on by my dad's union, and it would be a fight to try and get me INTO the Haunted Mansion.


As a tyke it scared the bejesus out of me and I swore to never go back into it. So my poor mother was forced to relive Small World for YEARS do to my phobia. (which included fits of crying and stomping of feet)


Then one year, on a girl scout trip to the Magical Kingdom, the troop was headed to the Hunted Mansion. Well I couldn't be the only pusscake that won't go on the ride!! So I toughed it out. Maybe it was my age, maybe it was just that it wasn't as scary as my childhood nightmares had remembered....but now I LOVED IT!!!


At about that age I became fascinated with home haunts during Halloween as well. And so my favorite holiday was born!


So it's no mystery when I say one of my favorite movies is Nightmare Before Christmas! It's an equal thrill to go to Disneyland at xmas time and see Jack and the gang as they live in the Haunted Mansion for the holidays.


I'm saving all my allowance, just in case, they have some left over items from the anniversary celebration. I wonder if I can carry on an urn on the plane?









2 comments:

  1. I've always loved Shag too.
    I had no idea about him getting that deal.

    VERY cool news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got him involved with the Tiki Room anniversary a few years ago, which was a perfect fit!

    He did the Pink Panther re-do as well, another good fit.

    But, while this was an interesting choice, he did it justice! Now I need to find one of the Mansion Hawiian shirts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...