About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Friday, August 14, 2009

It's so hard to find good help these days.

So my honey had a kidney operation and it turned into a weeks worth of "R&R" in ye ol' hospital, rather than the two days, promised by her surgeon.


It was scary. To see your soulmate in so much pain. And there ain't a goddamn thing you can do about it!


I'm a "trouble shooter". I see a problem and I get on it. I figure it out. If there is an issue with a person, I cut right to the chase and ask what the deal is. Shoot from the hip. It's like my super power.


Hospitals are my kryptonite.


All I could do is hold her hand and try to hold back tears that burned to leak out everytime I saw her vision go fuzzy from the pain and she would check out. It could have been the horse size shots of morphine they gave her, or it was just easier to go to her happy place as the pain seared through her abdomen. But to look into her eyeS, so filled with pain and suffering. It killed me.


I couldn't fix it.

1 comment:

  1. You did fix it, honey. By being there -- and taking me home! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...