About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Monday, October 19, 2009

"And when they pulled the body from the wreakage...it looked like THIS!"


I've been collecting lil bits and pieces of Spooky Town for a few years now. I got the bulk of the pieces before they got kinda cheesy. They don't seem as well made anymore. I'm very selective about what I add to my lil spooky cityscape, one small item at a time, and only if something strikes me.

The center of town is a skull fountain with a mister in it. Lights and fog and water, oh my! It's the show piece of the creepy village, perched on top of a chest of drawers in the dinning room. Every year I set it up, fill up the water and pray, that when I flip the switch, it works for one more year. And lo...it does!

The other large piece is Dr. Tingles Lab. It has its own lil soundtrack that plays, haunted music with accents of flashing lighting strikes and claps of thunder. Once I power it all on and turn up the sound on Dr. Tingles, I like to just sit and enjoy. It's not an easy task to set up the 30 or so pieces and all their wires and plugs and adaptors. So sitting back, in the darkened room, to take it all is, is my moment of accomplishment.


As I was soaking in the scary....I voice blasted out of Dr. Tingles that made me come out of my chair to recover my heart which had jumped out of my chest!

"Breaker breaker rollin' up on in har wit da big trees, yazir. Got me the big ol payload of big ol trees. Come back."

WTF?!?!

It seems the frequency that Dr. Tingles operates on....also picks up truckers. Yes...truckers. Loud ass, mouthy, painfully NOT Halloweeny MF'r truckers!!

It was like a bully walked up to my haunted sandcastle and kicked down its turrets and peed in the moat. Now I would have to enjoy Spooky Town with a lil less spooky OR a lot more Smokey and the Bandit.

Sigh....we can't have nice things.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That made my monday!! :D Thanks for sharing...hope you are recovering :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm decorating the inside of the house tonight...that will be therapy enough. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...