About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Ohhh I'm so Huuuungry!" ~Heimlich, A Bugs Life



I've managed to kick off my third week in a row of working out. That is amazing! No...really. I'm proud of myself and that NEVER happens!


While the workouts aren't huge, or grand, they are steady at about 40 min a day, 5 days a week. And I did up my reps this week and things are coming easier.


But here's the catch....since I'm burning calories, now I'm STARVIN' MARVIN!


I want to snack all the time! So I've surrounded myself with healthy snacks, nuts, fruit and 100 calorie packs to try and ration my intake. You'd think if you were doing something good like this, it would get easy somewhere along the line.


The one other time I really took to trying to slim down was back in my days of competition flag football in CA. I paid for a low carb program, way before Atkins was making folks eat cheese and salami at every turn.


It did its trick, I was the number one loser for that center. I dropped 50 lbs in 8 weeks and felt light as a feather, doing ordinary things like when I stepped up on curbs. Then I got gallstones and my period lasted for a month and my hair thinned.


All due to rapid weight loss.


Sigh.....


And while I've tried and tried and failed again, I've always carried the lesson that you have to take your time to do it right.


I'm actually looking forward to week four....baby steps...and crunches...and curls...and walking...and

1 comment:

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...