About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Monday, December 14, 2009

When technology goes, not with a bang but a whimper.



UGH! My XM radio just fried! I haven't been out to check it again, but I think it's toast.


I got the SkyFi3 so I could record Rosie O's show and then bring it from my car to my desk and listen there. It records, which it awesome and the reason I went looking for this model. One of the downfalls to satellite radio is you can't get it inside, unless you have a window somewhere you can put the antenna in. (which they would be glad to sell you for an additional charge)


Now maybe it's my fault for finding a "reconditioned" one for $20 instead of the $160 they were selling for normally. You have to try and get a deal with satellite radio. I mean these XM radios are like an al la carte sushi menu. You want a cable to hook it up? It's gonna cost ya. You want an antenna headphone to listen away from your car? It's gonna cost ya. You want the cradle so you can listen to it in the car? Yep...it's going to cost ya.


So with the help of ebay and google...I got about a $300 package for about $60


Then this morning....all my corner cutting karma came back to kick me in the slats.


Don't get me wrong..I love the XM! Radio stations in Syracuse SUCK EGGS!! When you come from Los Angeles where there is pretty much a station for every digit on the dial, you expect at least a bountiful choice for your listening pleasure.


Here there seems to be repeat station every quarter way down the dial. They are broadcasting at four different frequencies, broadcasting the same crap on all four of them. One local station starts Xmas music the day after Halloween! WTF?!?!


But let's get back to the issue at hand...or at ear, as the case maybe. Now, to record Rosie on my radio, I need to leave the XM radio plugged in. As I was getting out of the car, I accidentaly unplugged it then plugged it back into the lighter socket. When I did, all the lights went out and I couldn't get the thing to come back to life!


I took it out of its cradle and tried to manually turn it on. Nothing. Dead, dead, deadsky.


That really jams my muffins! I mean, come-OHN! I've had this thing for three months and it's going to shit the bed NOW? And the worst part is Santa doesn't even know I need one! I didn't get a chance to put it on my list, for the love of Oprah!


No...NO....even worse...I had to pay $15 to get my account changed to the SkyFi3 from the dinky lil receiver I started with. So if Santa DID bring me a new one, I'd have to pay ANOTHER $15 anyway!


OMG! Even worse than that.....I'm missing ROSIE right now! AAAAGH!


This is such a MONDAY! I'm going to go weep softly into my palms now. Happy F'n Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...