About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Thursday, February 11, 2010



I haven't blogged and a while and now there are too many items I would like to talk about and not enough time to do it in.


But I shall try.


I'm loving my Droid, even more, if you can believe.

____________________


I triple love Rosie Radio and my XM radio isn't broken anymore. I found out they freeze. Now I don't leave it in the car, unless I'm recording the show from 10-noon. Then I bring it into the office and warm it up and listen to Ro. Radio so suits her. She's free to talk and give her opinion for 30 min blocks of time or more if she wants. It's all yellow!

____________________


Can you even stand people that, after they get their money for the ATM, decide they are going to do their filing and re-organizing their purse or wallet and not move forward? I mean can you drive forward and THEN do all that? ComeOHN!

____________________


The 'girls' in the office just got taken to lunch by the men folk, as a thank you for our hard work. We went to a lil place called Sparky Town, which is divine! The ladies loved it and the dudes bitched about the vegan choices and lack of red meat and mashed taters. Annoying! It's not about you right now.

____________________


We have an IPH night at a pub tonight. Have a talked about the radio show? My co-worker and friend started an Irish hour on local radio. I, of course, gave my graphic genius to make the logo and PR/marketing materials to his effort.


Since I was a kid, I've thought about being a DJ. I did a lil music DJing in Cali for a ladies bar and some special events. But I always thought about being an actual radio DJ. So for a lack of payment, I decided I wanted some airtime and lo and behold, our chemistry took off and now it's a two person show growing by leaps and bounds.


We've been trying to do an event once a month so tonight we are going to play Celtic Rock, give away crap and concert tickets and drink and meet our adoring fans. (or a few of our friends that are going to show up). http://www.irishpowerhour.com/

__________________________


I had my birthday this week. Another year older and wiser, as I tell my sisters who are younger. (the wiser part takes the edge off the older part) My gal and I, since our birthdays are so close, decided we would finally get a flat screen and that would be IT for gifts. It was so very odd to not have her open anything on her birthday. Even tho birthdays are only once a year, you get use to giving and opening on your special day.

__________________________


Homesick....I don't get that often, but lately I am. I miss my family and sister nights and dinner at 5pm with everyone around the table. sigh....

__________________________


My money motivation video really works! Affirmations. It can be a coupon or a free lunch, but it works. And if nothing else it makes me realize the small things in life that makes me more thankful for the little things.

__________________________


Whew! Sooo much more room in my brain now that I've dumped here. Now I can stuff it full of more things to blog about for next time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! And that DJ gig looks so cool! Glad you are getting chance to live a dream. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's been cool right up to the point where I got an hours sleep last night before I had to be into work at 7am. No wonder rock stars take drugs LOL

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...