About Me

My photo
In my 40's and in the midst of love with my wife, ever after. I've been told I'm funny, in more ways than one. I love to laugh but love to make people laugh more. And I'm in a constant state of missing my family, but smile through the homesickness. Feel free to leave me a comment...so I know someone cares.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

“For the love of God, Montresor!" “Yes,” I said, “for the love of God!”



It seems like I'm so busy, I don't have time to do what I want. I hate that feeling. Not to mention I tend to say yes to over book my schedule, rather than to let it go and just have some down time.

So whose fault is that?

I need to get Spooky Town out and set it up. Nothing brings me more joy than this dumb lil ceramic dust collector. I love putting the stage together, placing the tiny buildings into the neighborhood and plugging in all the lights and sounds. I play some Midnight Syndicate in the background for inspiration. Then when it's ready, I turn off the CD player, turn down the lights, and flip the switch on Spooky Town.

I love that moment!

My candle project still needs to get rolling. I got the last of the supplies: PVC, GreatStuff, white paint, battery tea lights. Good to go! Now just to start.

The irony is that work is slow. So I sit at my job for 8 hours thinking about all the things I SHOULD be doing with my time.

And...well...I might put some work into keeping busy in my own way. For instance:

My friend Jeana just took in a momma cat, and her kittens, down in GA. She took a fantastic picture of momma Pearl. I thought the only thing that could make it better would be to turn Pearl into a Halloween kitteh. (that's not spelled wrong...http://icanhascheezburger.com)

So I started with the original...



...and put her in a spooky scene only a black cat would truly look comfortable in.



I'm really doing it to hone my skills and keep my edge...right? Riiiiight.

Now, I use Photoshop everyday and I very rarely use it in an 'artistic' capacity. I do what the clients want and there is little to no creativity in that.

While I was surfing my very long list of Halloween bookmarks, I found a free "Zombify Your Face" app on the computer that, not only didn't work, but looked pretty cheesy. And when you're a zombie...cheesy is baaaad.

I grabbed a pic from my Droid with the FX Camera setting...



...I've always considered myself Fall Colors, but I think I look rather nice in a "un-dead color scheme"! Some PS magic with the eyes, a chunk of brain matter snatched and some splatter instead of lipstick...I gotta say, I make a hot mess of a zombie!



A girl has to do what she's gotta do to fill the time till she can get home, throw open the doors to her mad laboratory and get to work on the important stuff.

Ya know?

3 comments:

  1. You do make a sweet zombie my dear!

    But I am a sucker for kitteh picttures....that one is amazing. Thanks for sharing that with me...made my day.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the kittehz. You should see the lil grey one that is one of Pearl's kittens...to die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jilmac! Love your blog...very fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

“oh shit it's shit” ― Stephen King, Different Seasons

You know how you run and run and run and you're always doing and when you finally stop to catch your breath, things around you are al...